Friday, May 14, 2010

Pregnancy into motherhood

Now that I am back at work and in the world of pregnancy and labor at least 36 hours a week, I am missing being pregnant even more. Don't get me wrong, I am not ready to do it all over again just yet...but it does make me sad to think that I only get to be pregnant 2 or 3 more times before I will be totally ready to pull out my hair with all the children that will be running around. I used to wonder how women who were surrogates could do it; wouldn't they get attached to the baby and hate to see it leave them? I still think this would be a difficult part of it, but it wouldn't take much to convince me to do it for someone close. I loved the way I felt about my body while I was pregnant--it actually gave my body a purpose. And while I didn't think labor was "fun"...I do look forward to doing it again. I do acknowledge that for a first time mom (especially one who is a L&D nurse), I was incredibly blessed with how smoothly my pregnancy and labor went.

So, no I do not want to have a show like "18 and Counting", but I wouldn't mind to be permanently about 7 months pregnant! That's not strange is it? Of course, John has a different perspective on how "enjoyable" my pregnancy was, but it involves words like crazy and exhausting. I choose not to use those words to describe my pregnancy, because I didn't feel that way about it at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment